Highland Springs Technical Center is a recognized National Technical Honor Society Chapter.
It is among 3,700 charter schools and colleges with more than 50,000 students enrolled in vocational and technical education each year.
HSTC NTHS MISSION
The mission of the National Technical Honor Society is to honor student achievement and leadership, promote educational excellence, and enhance career opportunities for the NTHS membership.
BECOMING A MEMBER
To be inducted into The National Technical Honor Society, students are required to meet strict criteria, and membership is by invitation only. Students must meet the following requirements:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.3 and a tech GPA of an “A” (final grade for 2-year program) or (first
semester grade for one-year programs or first year seniors).
- Discipline: No more than 1 minor infraction at the technical center per year. In-school/out-of
school suspension infractions disqualifies a student.
- Attendance Criteria: Five or fewer unexcused absences for the current school year by Nov.
- Complete at least one semester of the technical center program (must remain in the program for
- Complete the National Tech Honor Society packet by the deadline.
- Submit one teacher recommendation using the NTHS teacher recommendation form.
- Demonstrate scholarship, leadership, character, service and a commitment to personal and
Once inducted, members are required to maintain the above criteria and:
- Participate in National Technical Honor Society events; pay the NTHS fee($25.00) and HSTC
dues($10.00); and participate in community service projects.
- Attend monthly meetings. A schedule of dates will be given to all new members. (*Members can be dropped from the National Technical Honor Society if the student has poor
attendance(less than 75%) at all NTHS activities, disciplinary infractions, and if the grade drops
below a B)
NTHS scholarship opportunities
Letters of recommendation
Membership recognition, including a certificate of achievement, official NTHS diploma seal,
membership pin, membership card, graduation tassel and window decal
Important career and professional recognition by educators, business and industry
Online career center access with resume tools and job connections
Recruitment opportunities to top US colleges and corporations
Member discounts for GEICO, STEM Premier and more.
For additional information, contact your NTHS Advisor:
Ms. Paula Harris, Highland Springs Technical Center Counselor
Congratulations to all inductees into the National Technical Honor Society!
National Technical Honor Society
National Technical Honor Society Scholarships